Automatic Translation

Friday, April 26, 2019

GR653 Via Tolosana, last part: Back on the road!

I always get to where I'm going by walking away from where I've been.

- Winnie the Pooh


Where I've been, on these Long Walks, is everywhere between Rome and Toulouse on the route linking Rome with Santiago de Compostela. Starting out from my home base in Chiavari.  

First, 600 kilometres from Chiavari to Rome on the Via Francigena, in 28 days, in September and October 2015

Then, 294 kilometres from Chiavari to Ventimiglia, just short of the French border, in 25 days in October 2016.

572 kilometres from Ventimiglia to Montpellier, on the toughest of my Walks so far, in 25 days in October 2017.

And 389 kilometres from Montpellier to Toulouse in 18 days, in April and May 2018.

So next, I'm going to pick up the Via Tolosana right where I left off in May 2018

It takes thirteen hours on the bus to get back to where I left off: thirteen hours to cover the ground I walked in 58 days. Thirteen hours - or 58 days - to cover 1557 kilometres.



1 comment: