Automatic Translation

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Camino Frances Day 43: Pieros - Las Herrerias

Si quieres ir rápido, ve solo. 
Si quieres ir lejo, ve con la tribú. 
- African proverb, painted on a walk between Pieros and Las Herrerias

Slept very well at El Serbal y La Luna, and only woke up when light began to shine through the skylight above my top bunk. After a proper breakfast of muesli with fresh fruit and rice milk, I headed out through more vineyards to Villafranca del Bierzo.











After Villafranca I had a choice: an up and down mountain path, or a steadily rising route along the road. I decided to go into energy conservation mode and stick to the road. It passed through a series of pretty little mountain villages: Pereje, Trabadelo, La Portela del Valcarce, Ambasmestas... All lovely, and with some very attractive albergues. I wished I could have spent a night in each of them!







At a truck stop parking lot in Vega de Valcarce I found the two American ladies in matching outfits with daypacks whom I have kept running into from time to time since the Mesetas, and we discovered we were all aiming for the same place today, Herrerias. The village has a lovely, relaxing feel about it, and Albergue Miriam is another welcoming and home-like place. It's another vegetarian albergue, and I am looking forward to dinner with much anticipation - only 15 minutes to go! 




28 km... Out of the flat Bierzo and into the mountains again! 






No comments:

Post a Comment