Automatic Translation

Friday, June 14, 2019

Ringraziamenti - Merci - Gracias - Thanks

There are a number of people I would like to thank for their role in my Long Walk between Chiavari and Santiago.

First of all, I wish to thank my walking guru Luca Gianotti for his inspiration, wisdom and essential advice on choice of footwear! My feet are really happy about it!


Then I'd like to thank all the volunteer hospitaleros who have welcomed me with open arms along the way, and especially Jeannine who took me into her home that night in Muries when I could find nowhere to stay. (I kept my promise, Jeannine!)

I thank Aldo for keeping me company for my last three days in Italy and inviting me to stay with his brother in Imperia. And of course his brother and sister-in-law, for having me over at Le navi nel cielo! 


Thanks to Philippe "lo scaccia-can" for introducing me to France the easy (bilingual) way.


Thanks to Anne and Marie Hélène for teaching me the French pilgrim song, and lots more French besides, between St Gilles and Gallargues le Monteux.



Thanks to Jiheun for three weeks of great company between Montpellier and Toulouse.


Thanks to Peter for bringing together the fellowship of the baguette between Toulouse and Oloron-Saint-Marie, c'est obligatoire! 


And to Suzanne, Rolande and Elianne for taking over right where Peter left off and seeing me through the Camino Aragones.


Above all, I wish to thank the two Mari-s who walked such unimaginably long distances with me: Mariella, who walked with me practically all the way across France and on through the Camino Aragones, all the toughest parts of the Chemin, and Marius, who kept me company for more than 850 km between Toulouse and Léon.


And, last but not least importantly, thanks to Silvio and Davide for holding the fort without me!





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Joanne! Camino gave me many blessings but the best of them was absolutely nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fort needs reinforcement now... We are getting surrounded by enemies from everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thank you for your company from Oloron to Puenta la Reina, especially that freezing, pouring, windy, miserable and discouraging day near Izco when you and Marius appeared out of nowhere (could it be them?) giving Mariella and I just the boost of encouragement needed to make it to Monreal, soaked but smiling!

    ReplyDelete