Automatic Translation

Saturday, October 10, 2015

I volti della Via Francigena

 
Today I would like to share the trailer of a documentary film due to come out in January 2016: I volti della Via Francigena (in Italian).
 
 
 
And right after posting the trailer, at Slow Travel Fest in Abbadia a Isola I find not only the boy interviewed in the trailer but the film's director, Fabio Dipinto, who just happens to be sitting next to me at dinner!
 
Fabio walked the whole Italian part of the Via Francigena between July 18 and September 1 of this year, along with the guys who put up all the brand new stickers I had been seeing all along the way, marking the path. (I imagine how patient they must all have had to be, unwinding endless rolls of red and white sticky tape, attaching it to everything they could find, and adding their own notes in black felt pen!)
 
Fabio interviewed several pilgrims he met along the way, and he's now busy editing all the footage he recorded along more than 900 km of the Via Francigena. He needs to put together the paltry sum of a thousand euros to cover at least some of his costs, and will soon be putting up a crowdfunding page, if anyone would like to contribute to the making of the film!
 
At dinner with film director Fabio Dipinto
 

No comments:

Post a Comment