Automatic Translation

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 1: Chiavari - Lavagna - Santa Giulia - Monte Capenardo (656 m) - Sant'Anna - Sestri Levante

 
Chiavari - Lavagna - Santa Giulia - Monte Capenardo (656 m) - Sant'Anna - Sestri Levante
12.63 km - Elevation gain 720 m - Total walking time 4 hours
 
Today's the day I set off on my Long Walk!
 
Well, sort of - it's a bit of a false start since I've come home again this evening. It seemed silly to look for a place to spend the night in Sestri Levante, only ten minutes away on the train... so I organised it as a day hike. Since it's a sunny Sunday I decided to take the panoramic route and invite my friends from the English-speaking hiking group to join me!
Around 25 people met me at the train station in Lavagna and walked the first leg of my Long Walk with me.
 
Leaving home! That's Chiavari in the background
 
 
Climbing higher
View of Chiavari and Lavagna from Santa Giulia (254 m)
 
 
Lunch break in the woods at the top (656 m)
 
 
Ruins of the 13th century church of Sant'Anna
 
 
Ruins of the 13th century church of Sant'Anna
 
 
Sestri Levante, where the beach awaits!




 
After a hike, a refreshing swim followed by cold drinks and snacks with my friends at Luna Blu Beach!

(Not sure this is really what a pilgrimage is supposed to be about... Well, tomorrow morning things will start to get serious!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment